The Look: ‘C’est Chic, Mustique!’
The hair look at the Jaeger S/S 2012 show at London Fashion Week had a strong ‘70s feel to it. The collection, inspired by glamour of the ‘70s jet set and their exotic holiday hideaways, featured a pale summer palette spiced up with flashes of colour, with intricate textures and finishes. “The collection had a relaxed ‘70s feel to it with contrasting elements that seemed almost prim,” said Sam McKnight, Global Ambassador, Pantene Pro-V. “I wanted to take this contradiction of laid back versus elegance and create a rich, luxurious hair look that was both glamorous and contemporary. The low side parting, with the hair combed over one ear juxtaposed a kind of boyishness with the luxurious polished ponytail.”
Get The Look:
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair. Most models at the shows have coloured hair so Pantene Pro-V Colour Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner are the perfect products to use, along with the Pantene 3 Minute Miracle Treatment to create a healthier foundation to work from.
2. Work Pantene Pro-V Style Body Builder Mousse through damp hair and blow dry using a round brush to create a smooth texture. When the hair is dry, using medium barrel heated tongs, tong hair from halfway down and clip in to place to set (you could use heated rollers for this).
3. Remove the curled section and brush through with a nylon bristle brush. Using a fine toothed comb, create a low side parting, the parting should be in line with the high point of the eyebrow and should reach right back to the crown of the head.
4. Comb the hair over the ear and secure with elastic in a low side pony tail on the opposite side to the parting. Using a soft bristle brush, brush the pony tail curl in place to create one gorgeous curl.
5. Set the style in spray with Pantene Pro-V Style Body Builder Hairspray.
Are you a fan of the low ponytail?