Get The Look: Hilary Swank’s Elegant Oscars Updo
Academy Award presenter Hilary Swank wore an elegant, strapless, beaded silver Gucci Couture gown for the Oscar red carpet, with a beautiful up-do designed by master Hollywood stylist Robert Vetica. The look was complimented with Anna Hu platinum and diamond earrings worn in the hair.
“My inspirations were the romantic, elegant styles worn by Hollywood film icon
Grace Kelly, though this is very modern, not retro in any way,” Vetica said. “Simple and sleek at the sides, most of the volume was at the back of the head, and I created a different kind of chignon that was asymmetrical, made with three interwoven sections of hair. I wanted the hair to look smooth and luminous, as if there was no product in it, and used shine-enhancing styling products from Moroccanoil.”
Get The Look:
1. First, Moroccanoil® Treatment was applied to damp hair through the mid lengths to the ends and then blow-dried smooth. Moroccanoil® Treatment was used as its lightweight and conditioning, protects from heat styling, absorbs instantly into the hair without weighing it down and gives a deep, natural-looking shine.
2. Hair was divided into small sections and curled to create wave and texture. Hair was then separated from ear to ear below the crown and pulled back.
3. Next, the entire back section was backcombed for added volume and sprayed with Moroccanoil® Luminous Hairspray for a soft, natural hold.
4. The top layer over hair was lightly brushed and this section was tied in a loose ponytail and secured.
5. The sides of the hair were lightly teased and the top section above the crown was backcombed, with more attention to the root. Moroccanoil® Luminous Hairspray was sprayed all over the hair and the two sections were joined.
6. A tight ponytail was made at the base of the crown and divided into three sections, then sprayed with Moroccanoil® Luminous Hairspray and interwoven to create an asymmetrical voluminous chignon, secured to the left of the centre.
7. The platinum and diamond hair accessories were pinned asymmetrically, one on each side of the chignon. The first was paced slightly above the ear and the other slightly below the ear on the opposite side.
8. To finish, a light mist of Moroccanoil® Glimmer Shine Spray was applied all over the hair to give the look a natural-looking shine and prevent the hair from drying out.
Are you a fan of Hilary’s elegant updo?