House of Cards’ Kate Mara shined at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner last week with sleek hair and sexy eye makeup. Here’s how to get the exact same look by celebrity hairstylist Brian Magallones.
1. Brian started by curling Kate’s hair using the amika 25mm Tourmaline Curler.
Tip: “A great tip when doing any updo is to always curl the hair first. Having a curl in the hair helps to get the finished look as clean as possible. If the hair is straight then there will be too many fly-aways and the end result can look very static,” Brian says.
2. “The second step was to pull her hair into a sleek ponytail at the nape of the neck.” Brian gave Kate a deep side part on a angle for asymmetry.
3. He then rubbed a bit of KMS California HAIRPLAY gel wax in his palms and smoothed it over her hair as he brushed her hair back into a low ponytail. He then secured it at the nape of her neck, being sure to get it as sleek as possible.
4. Brian then took a one-inch section of hair from the bottom of the ponytail and created a single braid.
5. He then twisted the remaining hair up and around into a bun, securing with hairpins along the way. Once the bun was secure, he took the braid and wrapped it around the bun, securing with hairpins.
6. Finally he secured the whole look with KMS California HAIRSTAY maximum hold spray, and then a light shine mist, to keep her keep the look sleek all night.
Are you a fan of Kate Mara’s hairstyle?