Leading runway stylist Orlando Pita created the look for the Carolina Herrera
Spring/Summer 2012 collection at NY Fashion. Using Moroccanoil®, Pita created a unique, gracefully looped ponytail to complement the elegant look of the collection. The hair was parted in the middle, with soft, loose strands falling naturally around the ear.
Get The Look:
1. “Healthy, clean-looking hair was important to the success of this look, and I used Moroccanoil products to give the hair a smooth, shiny and frizz-free texture”, said Pita. “I used Moroccanoil Light, one of my favourite products, on the models before
starting to style, especially on those who had damaged or fragile hair from their various shows. It absorbs right in and transforms it instantly. I like how it strengthens while it conditions, and leaves the hair with a healthy, natural-looking shine.”
2. “I then applied Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream on dampened hair, for a smooth soft hold, then blow-dried hair straight.”
3. “Next, I parted the hair in the middle and pulled it into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck. The hair was teased a bit to make it look fuller, especially on the models who had fine hair, and sprayed with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray”, said Pita.
4. “The teased length of the ponytail was looped onto an elastic in a circulate fold, shaped into a triangle, and a section of hair wrapped around the elastic to finish. I secured everything with hairpins and sprayed the entire style with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray.”
5. “Finally, I finished off with a light mist of Moroccanoil’s new Frizz Control to make sure the hair stayed smooth and frizz-free on the runway,” added Pita.
Are you a fan of this ponytail-with-a-twist?