Impress guests with celebrity chefs Christine Manfield’s grilled turkey with refreshing lemon fregola. Don’t be put off by the long list of ingredients, you have most of them in the pantry and the flavours are so worth it!
2 x Ingham Turkey Breast Steaks
2 tbsp harissa
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
50ml lemon juice
200ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 red birds eye chillies, minced
1 preserved lemon, diced
3 tbsp roasted pinenuts
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved and slow roasted
1 tsp lemon zest, minced
2 tbsp chervil leaves
2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
1 tbsp coriander leaves
Turkish flat bread to serve
1. To prepare the turkey, mix together the harissa, olive oil and seasoning and rub liberally onto the turkey breast steaks.
2. Lay the turkey steaks on a flat tray and cook under a hot grill for 8 minutes, then turn over and cook for another 4 minutes or until turkey is just done.
3. Remove from heat and allow to sit for a few minutes before slicing.
4. To prepare the fregola salad, pour the fregola grains into water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Whisk and then cover pan so that the grains steam and continue to whisk every minute or so until the grains have absorbed all the liquid and have become fluffy. Remove from heat.
5. Mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and stir through the fregola to flavour and moisten.
6. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine thoroughly.
7. To serve, spoon the fregola salad onto plates, slice the Turkey Breast Steaks into thick slices and sit on top of salad, add a drizzle of olive oil and serve with extra harissa and toasted Turkish flat bread.