Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
2 slices of bread
2 slices of leg or cameo ham
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup of butter
2 tsp lemon juice
- Cut the butter into thirds.
- Place egg yolks and 1/3 of the butter in top of a double boiler, and cook over hot, but not boiling water until butter melts, stirring quickly.
- Add the next 1/3 of the butter still stirring. The mixture will start to thicken, then add the last 1/3 of the butter.
- When the butter is melted remove the pan from the hot water, and stir quickly for about 2 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice, a teaspoon at a time, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat again over hot water, stirring constantly. When heated remove immediately.
- Toast and butter bread, top with a slice of fried ham.
- Poach eggs and place on top of ham then top with Hollandaise sauce.