Treat the family to a healthy courgette dish which actually looks and tastes like real pasta, minus the added calories.
While this meal is made easy using a spiraliser to finely carve the courgettes, you can just slice them manually with a knife, add some tomato sauce and basil leaves to finish – yum!
3 courgettes (zucchini)
1 tin canned tomatoes
1/2 clove of garlic
3-5 basil leaves
1 tablespoon vegetable stock
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Wash, dry and chop off the ends of each courgette.
- Attach the courgette into the centre of your spiralser, then turn the handle. Make sure to place a bowl at the end to catch the spiralised courgette.
- Add one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over a hot pan, crush the garlic, empty out the can of tomatoes, and finally finish off with one tablespoon of vegetable stock. Stir well.
- Steam the courgettes for a few minutes until soft, drain them, then combine them with the tomato sauce. Mix well, and then transfer onto a bowl.
- Serve with a few basil leaves arranged over the top.
Image via Splodz Blogz