We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If we skip breakfast it can make weight control more difficult because we tend to snack as the morning progresses and eat a larger meal at lunch than necessary because we’re starving. If you want to be at your best then make sure you eat a nutritional breakfast that will kick-start your day. If you’re stuck in a rut eating the same old cereal and toast day after day consider trying something new. Try these simple yet healthy breakfast ideas that will break your breakfast boredom.
Yoghurt and Muesli Parfaits
HAVE YOUR SAY:
"[…] recipe comes from Teresa Cutter, a well-known Australian chef and the founder..."Comment »
1 ½ cups of frozen mixed berries
½ tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon apple juice
1 ¼ cups muesli
1 ¼ cups low fat Greek yoghurt
- Combine berries, vanilla and apple juice in a bowl and set aside to thaw
- Spoon two tablespoons of muesli into a one cup capacity glass, top with two tablespoons of yoghurt then two tablespoons of berry mixture. Repeat with remaining muesli, yoghurt and berries.
Avocado and Feta Smash on Toast
2 avocadoes, peeled and stone removed
80g soft feta
2 tablespoons fresh mint
Squeeze of lemon
4 slices of rye (or similar) bread
- Mash the avocado roughly in a bowl with the mint and lemon juice until just combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toast bread until golden and spoon ¼ of the mixture onto each slice of bread.
- Top with feta mixture and serve.
Image via taste.com.au