Breakfast is not only the most important meal of the day, but it’s arguably the most delicious. Start the day right with this creamy pesto scrambled egg pitas recipe, complete with all the not-so-naughty trimmings including shaved ham, lettuce and fresh basil pesto paste.
2 tbsp cream
1 tbsp fresh basil pesto paste
300g shaved ham
2 large lettuce leaves
2 wheat pitta bread cut in half
- Lightly beat the eggs with the cream and pesto.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick saucepan. When melted and bubbling, add the egg mixture.
- Cook while stirring for two minutes or until just set.
- Heat the ham in the same pan until becoming slightly crispy on the edges.
- Carefully open the pita pockets, place in a lettuce leaf, then the ham and spoon in the scrambled egg.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Eggs Australia