This healthy oat pancakes recipe is so versatile it can be enjoyed as a savoury breakfast, a post-workout snack or as a dessert. It’s sugar free, high in protein and has the right balance of low-GI carbohydrates so it will keep you feeling satisfied for longer.
Serves 4 (8 pancakes)
2 cups Oatmeal
1/3 cup coconut flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup reduced fat milk
4 rashers fat-trimmed bacon
1 tablespoon oil for cooking
300 g reduced fat ricotta
Maple syrup (optional)
- Using a food processor, blend the oats until a fine consistency. Add in the coconut flour, eggs, baking powder and milk. Blend until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Cook bacon rashers until crispy. Set aside on paper towel to drain and keep warm.
- Using a non-stick fry pan, heat a tablespoon of oil on medium heat. Measure in 1/3 cup measures of the batter. Turn the heat to low, cook for two minutes on each side. Repeat the process with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes topped with a spoonful of ricotta and a rasher of bacon.
- Add a drizzle of maple syrup for a more indulgent breakfast.