With festive season is just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to meet that someone special. But how? Samantha Jayne, director of Blue Label Life, www.bluelabellife.com.au, has these 10 tips!
1. Socialize, go out there and get him! Be proactive, despite what the movies tell you, your new love is not going to come knocking on your door! Make the most of the festive season and meet new people, take advantage of those invitations and keep busy but not too busy to date! This is not the time to stay at home watching TV, no not an option! So get on out there and mingle with other singles!
2. Dress to impress! Revamp your image, new clothes complemented with a new hair style and a splash of fake tan, can make the world of difference! Remember, play up your best features it will leaving you feeling ultra confident! And confidence if the number on turn on for most men!
3. Decide what you want. Think of the type of man you want in your life, be flexible, don’t create his full identify from hair colour, height, mannerisms, personality. Instead, think about the role you would like this person to play in your life, the values you seek and the adventures you could have together!
4. Have fun! If you smile and radiate energy you will be seen as a keeper! Ever noticed how everyone naturally gravitates to the girl having the most fun? At parties, keep the conversation light, prepare a few questions to ask , eg, “Tell me about your first kiss?” Or “If you were in a movie star who would you be?” Think outside the square, be creative you will be seen as fresh and intriguing.
5. Be adventurous. Think of the style of man you would like to meet and where would he spend his time? At the footy, playing golf, tennis, kayaking or is he at the gym? Get out there and mingle, you just never know who you may bump into! It’s win-win situation, you learn a new skill while meeting new and interesting people!
6. Get fit and Feel great! Beat the bulge of the festive season. To counter all the excess kilojoules exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes a day, as a bonus the natural endorphins released will leave you feeling amazing!
7. Let friends know you are single! Have your friends introduce you to single friends that may be compatible to you, blind dates are fun and have worked for thousands of people!
8. Be Positive and open minded. Just like Forest Gump would say “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get”. So true when it comes to romance, how many times have you fallen for someone completely unexpectedly just by being open, having no expectations and simply enjoying life! Take off that judgmental hat of yours no one is perfect including you!
9. Drink in moderation. Drinking excessively is never a good look! And voted by men as a number one turn off, so prevent embarrassing yourself, doing or saying the wrong thing and waking up the next morning in a huge pool of regret.
10. Don’t Rush! There is nothing more unappealing than a person placing a deadline on finding love. If you relax, stay proactive, positive and open it will happen naturally often faster than you realise!
So girls get out there socialise and most importantly have fun! Mr Right is not far away!
Image from “Love Actually”
Looking for love? Check out Oasis Dating and chat to thousands of single guys. It’s free!