Weight loss authority, Tony Ferguson has offered a few helpful tips on how to resist the allure of the biscuit tin no you’re stuck at a desk five days a week!
* Avoid temptation. Instead of having a jar of lollies sitting at reception, or biscuits in your desk draw, swap it for dried or fresh fruit, unsalted nuts or carrot and celery sticks. You tend to eat what is sitting in front of you out of habit.
* Jot it down. You may have no idea of how many extra calories you’re consuming at work. Record everything you eat at the office–a muffin here, a handful of chips there–for a week. Once you know what–and when–you’re eating, you can change your habits.
* Get moving. We often tend to snack when we’re anxious or bored. Instead of heading for a sugary treat, get up and make a cup of herbal tea or fill up your water bottle to break the mood.
* Drink it down. Thirst often masquerades as hunger. Keep a bottle or glass of water on your desk and sip it throughout the day.
* Indulge–in moderation. You don’t have to be a martyr. If your coworkers brought you a special birthday cake, you can join in–but have a small piece, really savour the taste and have something light for dinner.
The Tony Ferguson Weightloss Program has helped over 600,000 Australians who have trusted the program to lose weight and is also expanding into the United States, Canada, Europe and South Africa.