You know those dating warning signs you totally spotted but chose to ignore? Well, here are the top eight “I should have known better” red flags from The Little Black Blog of Big Red Flags editors, Natasha Burton, Julie Fishman and Meagan McCrary.
I should have known better than to …
1. Continue dating a guy who specifically told me that he “wasn’t looking for a relationship.” Despite the fact that everything he does thereafter indicates a relationship is taking place, this caveat excuses him from any and all boyfriend responsibilities.
2. Stay with a guy who would only be with me if I did things in bed that I very explicitly told him I did not want to do.
3. Go out with a guy who told me, I clean up nice. Is that supposed to be a compliment? If I were so terrible before, then why did you ask me out?
4. Cook dinner for a guy who showed up at my door empty handed. What ever happened to bringing a bottle of wine when you go over to someone’s house.
5. Trust a guy who habitually went through my text messages and emails. We all know that the most suspicious are the least trustworthy.
6. Begin a new year with a guy who was too busy playing video games to kiss me at midnight.
7. Start a relationship with a guy who has more female friends than male ones. Who wants to get in line for his attention? Besides there’s a reason why none of them are dating him.
8. Give a guy the benefit of the doubt when all of his friends told me to stay away from him.
Do you agree?
Need some red flag advice?
After reading thousands of questionable dating stories, and having not made the best decisions in the past, we believe in the power of telling it like it is—to our friends, to each other, and most of all to ourselves. Now, we’d like to help you be honest with yourself as well. Not sure if the guy your dating has committed a red flag or not? Want to know which red flags are deal breakers and which should simply be noted?
If you are interested in hearing it how it is send an email to email@example.com with your relationship questions and The Little Black Blog editors, Natasha Burton, Julie Fishman and Meagan McCrary will answer them every month in SheSaid’s advice column.
Looking for love? Check out Oasis Dating and chat to thousands of single guys. It’s free!