This yummy recipe is full of sweet strawberries which are then made fresh, first thing in the morning. Perfect for the kids when you have a little more time of your hands, and want to indulge in something a little sweet for breakfast. Feel free to top off with honey for extra touch of natural sugary flavour.
1 frozen puff pastry, thawed
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup strawberry jam
2-3 cups strawberries, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/5 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (or 200ºC)
- Lightly flour the surface and roll out 1 sheet thawed puff pastry. Brush with melted butter, and make sure to leave a small space around the edges.
- Add the strawberry jam and then layer with strawberry slices and ground cinnamon for extra texture and flavour.
- Gently roll up the dough and use a little melted butter to seal it together.
- Now slice the roll into six small pieces and place on a lined baking dish.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Image and Recipe via Grandbaby Cakes.