Margaret Fulton’s Quick Prep Lemon Pork Chops
Prep Time: 5 minutes, 40minutes marinating Cooking Time: 15 minutes
4 pork loin chops or cutlets, about 2cm thick, 150g each
?2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped?
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped parsley
?1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
?¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice?
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
?½ cup (125ml) chicken stock?
Oven-baked potato wedges, to serve
Zucchini, to serve (optional)
1. Place chops in a shallow dish in one layer. Scatter with garlic, parsley and paprika and pour over lemon juice. Cover and set aside for 20 minutes. Turn chops over and marinate another 20 minutes.?
2. Remove chops from marinade and pat dry on paper towels. Season to taste. Reserve marinade. Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium. Pan-fry chops for 3 minutes each side, until golden.
3. Add reserved marinade to pan. Cook for another 2 minutes, turning chops once. Transfer chops to heated plates. Add chicken stock to same pan and bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits. Boil for 3-4 minutes, until sauce becomes syrupy. Spoon over pork chops.
4. Potato wedges: cut potatoes into segments of 8, coat in 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and season with alt and pepper. Place in baking dish in a pre-heated oven (200C) for 20-25 minutes, turn half way though.
5. Zucchini: slice finely and steam over steamer for 3-5 minutes, coat in butter to taste.