A touch of bronzer to the face and body is the easiest way to feel healthy and sexy. Stacey Tsardoulias, head makeup artist at Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics shares her tips to get you on the right path to glowing and golden.
1. When using a powder bronzer for the face, decide whether you would prefer to be glowy or matte. Our favourites: Try Youngblood’s Mineral Radiance in Sundance for a glowy sheen while Mineral Radiance in Riviera provides a more matte finish.
2. Apply bronzer to the face little by little to avoid looking like an oompa loompa. This is best done using a very fluffy, loose hair brush.
3. To accentuate the face, use your bronzer to contour and define, rather than all over the skin like a setting powder. Apply under the cheekbones, off the jaw line and onto the décolletage, at the sides of the temples and the top of the forehead. All the places that the sun would naturally hit your face and body.
4. When bronzing the body, make sure skin is exfoliated and moisturised as this will allow product to sit nicely on the skin. We all want to avoid patchy tan jobs like those seen on Lindsay Lohan!
5. For a quick fix tanning solution without the bother of fake tanning products, try SheSaid Editor Julia’s favourite new product: Youngblood’s Mineral Illuminating Body Tint. This can be diluted when mixed with moisturiser or just worn straight onto skin. It will instantly even out skin tone while leaving a golden, glowing finish. Youngblood’s Body Tint is lightly scented with coconut and washes off easily with soap and water! Editor’s tip: rub the Body Tint into your shoulders and collarbone for a sexy yet subtle sheen with your favourite strappy top.
What’s your favourite tanning beauty product?