Nothing says “I love you” more than going that extra mile, so in the lead up to Mother’s Day this Sunday, we’re providing you with some of the most delicious recipes to spoil hers truly with.
This cafe style poached eggs, avocado and feta smash is the ultimate breakfast in bed recipe. Packed full of healthy fats and protein, it’s guilt-free, simple to whip up and tastes so delicious you’d mistake it for being delivered from the menu of your favourite eating spot.
1 large ripe avocado
1 tbsp lemon juice
60g crumbled feta cheese, goat or cow milk
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped dill
100g cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp white vinegar
2 thick slices sourdough bread
1. To make the smash, place avocado halves in a bowl and fork through to create a rustic mash.
2. Add lemon juice, crumbled feta, chopped parsley, dill and chopped cherry tomato. Mix well.
3. For the poached eggs, bring a medium shallow saucepan of water and vinegar to the boil. Break egg into a small dish.
4. Reduce the heat and bring the water to a simmer. Carefully slide in the egg.
5. Repeat this process with remaining eggs.
6. Allow 3-4 minutes for poached eggs with firm whites and soft runny yolks. Cook longer for a firmer egg.
7. Remove with a slotted spoon, rest on a paper towel to absorb any excess water.
8. To serve, smear smash on toasted sourdough and top with two poached eggs.
Recipe courtesy of Australian Eggs