Contrary to the belief that seafood is a summer delicacy, it can still be enjoyed just as much in the cooler months. Enjoy Sally Matterson’s chilli, coriander squid recipe as a main, or serve as a warming side salad if you’re entertaining.
2 red onions, peeled, halved and cut into wedges
4 tsp flaxseed oil, plus extra
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 chillies, finely chopped
1 bunch of coriander, finely chopped
600g (1.3lb) pre-cut squid rings or approximately 4 baby squid, scored and thinly sliced
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
Handful of kalamata olives
100g (3.5oz) rocket
50g (1.75oz) or large handful of parsley, roughly chopped
Juice of ½ a lemon
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place onion on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with half the flaxseed oil and balsamic vinegar and bake for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place chilli and coriander in a bowl with the squid. Toss together.
- In a separate bowl, place cherry tomatoes, olives, rocket, parsley and onion.
- Heat oil in pan and quickly toss squid for 2 minutes or until tender. Add to bowl with salad and toss.
- Drizzle with remaining flaxseed oil and lemon juice to serve.
Recipe via Healthy Body