Organic raw chocolate balls, made with organic raw cocoa, are a high source of magnesium, chromium antioxidants and serotonin which together, not only help lower cholesterol but lead to a healthier functioning heart, a clearer and more focused mind and a happier more blissful state of well-being. Raw cocoa is much more potent than
the processed chocolate and doesn’t have any added sugar or dairy products blocking the positive effects this super food has to offer!
HAVE YOUR SAY:
"[…] chocolate into a shopping cart at the supermarket, but have you ever..."Comment »
Make a batch of these delights at home – even the kids can enjoy them without feeling guilty. Recipe from Eat Fit Food.
Makes approx. 20 balls.
1 Cup whole organic walnuts
¾ Cup whole organic almonds
2 Tbsp organic coconut oil
1 Tbsp organic honey
12 organic dates
¼ Cup organic raw cocoa powder
1. Blend the walnuts and almonds until small chunks – not a fine dust.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a pan on a very low heat until liquefied.
3. Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until all mixed together – approximately 1 minute.
4. Depending on what size you want the balls take out a small amount of mixture and roll into a ball – continue until all mixture is rolled.
5. Place on greaseproof paper in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours and let set.
You can roll the balls in desiccated coconut to give a nice finish if you wish.
What’s your favourite healthy treat?