Pan Fried Pears With Hot Chocolate Sauce
We all love dessert but don’t want to slave away in the kitchen after dinner. This luscious recipe takes no time to make and makes an impressive dinner party treat or romantic dessert for two.
60g dark chocolate
½ cup pure cream
1 tbsp of your favourite liqueur or brandy (optional)
2 Beurré Bosc pears
1 tbsp butter
1. Heat a non-stick pan on high.
2. Grate or chop the chocolate and place it and the cream into a saucepan.
3. Gently heat and stir constantly till chocolate melts and mixes completely with the cream.
4. Meanwhile, wash and cut the pears in half then remove the cores.
5. Add the butter to the pan, reduce the heat to medium and add the pear halves, cooking till they’re brown, then flip and cook the other sides.
6. Add the liqueur or brandy to the chocolate and cream mixture.
7. Place the 2 halves of each pear on plates, either stacked or arranged how you like, add a scoop of ice cream if desired and drizzle over the hot chocolate sauce.
8. Serve immediately.