Shesaid.com.au Pty Ltd (“Shesaid ” or “we”) takes its privacy obligations seriously and is committed to the responsible handling of personal information and protecting the privacy rights of individuals.
This policy sets out how Shesaid handles your personal information. It explains the key measures that have been taken to make sure it abides by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1998, which includes the ten National Privacy Principles. As a condition of using the site, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Policy
Collection of information
The information Shesaid collects from you depends on how and why you access this web site. If you visit the web site to read, browse or download information, our computer system may record information about the visit such as the number of pages visited and the duration of the visit. Such information is only used for web site administration and it is not used to identify you.
Shesaid ensures that personal information is collected by lawful and fair means with your consent. Shesaid only collects personal information from users during:
- Registration to the web siteWhen you register for membership on Shesaid Site, we will ask you for your email address and certain demographic information such as your name, birth date, gender and location. Provision of a valid email address is necessary for first-time registered users to activate their accounts.
- Competition EntriesWhen you enter a competition on Shesaid Site, we will ask you for your email address and certain demographic information such as your name, birth date, gender and location. Also you will be asked to answer to a unique question to qualify you to enter the competition, usually in the form of 25 words or less. Provision of a valid email address is necessary for first-time registered users to activate their accounts.
Use and disclosure of information
Shesaid may use your personal information in order to:
- verify your identity;
- respond to any queries or feedback you may have;
- provide, administer and manage our services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in to improve functionalities and services; for us to provide you with better functionalities and services;
Below are more details about how Shesaid uses your personal information and the specific circumstances under which your personal information may be disclosed.
- Email NewslettersUsers of Shesaid are automatically registered to receive newsletters that we offer on a periodic basis. We do this to keep you informed of news, events, special offers, services or products that we believe you will find valuable. If you want to update your email address or stop receiving a newsletter, follow the procedures to unsubscribe at the bottom of any newsletter Shesaid send you or simply visit the profile page to update your profile.
- Advertisers.Users of Shesaid are given an option at registration to receive emails Shesaid send on behalf of our advertisers. Shesaid will not disclose your personal information to the advertisers without your consent. You will only receive information from Shesaid, not directly from the advertisers, if you opt to receive these emails.
- Surveys and User Research.Shesaid conducts email and web-delivered surveys from time to time, as well as instant polls, to gather information about our users. Taking these surveys and polls is entirely optional. You have no obligation to respond to them. We share only the aggregate results of these surveys, not personal information, with our advertisers to help them better understand our services and monitor the reach of their advertising on our service. We also use some of the personal information that you provide in these surveys to help us understand your interests and to make Shesaid site more useful to you.
Access, Correction and Update of Information
To access, correct or update your account or other personal information such as your city or interests, please use the “Edit Profile” page at the site on which you are registered.
If you have any other questions, comments or complaints regarding this Policy, please contact Shesaid administrator via contact form.
Storage and Security of Information
Your personal information is stored on Shesaid computer servers. Shesaid endeavours to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to keep any information about our users secure. We protect your personal information with technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification and improper disclosure. Please however be aware that no computer system or information can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard.
The Policy is accessible from a link entitled “Privacy” at the bottom of the Shesaid home page. Shesaid is always responding to the feedback we get from users, and will always be developing new features, functionalities, services and new ways of working. Because of this, this Policy is subject to change from time to time. If they do, we will publish the new version and make an announcement on the site. But we will not necessarily send you specific notice of any change. Users are recommended to check the site regularly for such announcements, and your continued use of the site will signify that you agree to these changes. Any changes we make will abide by the Privacy Act, and will continue to treat your personal information with respect.