Tired of slaving away in the kitchen every time you want a filling meal for breakfast? Create these no-fuss protein bars which are yummy to enjoy as a snack, and are gluten-free as well. The recipe makes 12, so you can just store away some of the bars and treat yourself to a healthy snack throughout the day (or night if you can’t help yourself!).
1.5 cups gluten-free rolled oats, blended into a flour
1/2 cup protein powder
1/2 cup rice crisp cereal
1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
1/2 cup natural peanut butter/almond butter sunflower seed butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp dark chocolate chips
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Start by lining a a square pan or tray with baking paper and spraying just a bit of canola oil so the mixture doesn’t stick.
- Mix the oat flour, protein powder, rice crops, and salt together in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add the nut/seed butter, maple syrup, and vanilla into the bowl and stir them all well. If you find that the mixture is a bit dry, add a tablespoon of milk.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and pop it into the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine the coconut oil together with the chocolate chips in a small pot over low heat until they start to melt.
- Remove the tray from the freezer, then slice it into bars and drizzle with melted chocolate. Freeze again until the chocolate has set.
Image and Recipe via Oh She Glows