Big news, fashionistas: A-list stylist, fashion icon and TV star Rachel Zoe has just landed in Australia. Here to attend Business Chicks events across our great nation, the diminutive and ever-stylish LA stylist yesterday landed at Sydney International Airport with her husband Rodger Berman (pictured).
These “maj” news gives SHESAID the perfect excuse to examine the style and beauty secrets that make this distinguished designer, stylist, author and editor such an important and powerful figure in the fashion industry.
Here are our top five major style and skincare rules from Planet Rachel Zoe:
- Head-to-toe black is always chic: As Zoe showed so beautifully when she arrived in Sydney, a simple, all-black ensemble is simple, effortlessly glamorous and always in style. Her signature head-to-toe black look is much envied and copied across the globe. Here, she’s wearing her “uniform” of a long, black maxi dress and matching top, paired with platform heels and a scarf. I die!
- Don’t let motherhood cramp your style: A busy mum to sons Skyler Morrison, 3, and Kaius Jagger, almost 12 months, Zoe, 43, has never stepped out in public looking anything less than amazing. Staying true to her effortless take on glamour, she often sticks to an all-black wardrobe, complete with sky-high heels. Of course, she’s bound to have an army of hair stylists and make-up artists at her beck and call, not to mention haute couture, but we mere mortals can all take inspiration from her stark refusal to let motherhood crush her stylishness, elegance and good taste.
- Always invest in good quality skincare: Zoe is a huge fan of “green queen” Tata Harper and her eponymous line of natural, non-toxic, luxury skincare and wellness products. In fact, Zoe has profiled Tata’s personal beauty secrets at length on her website www.thezoereport.com. What’s more, she recently said of Tata Harper Elixir Vitae (pictured): “I can’t get enough of this elixir… It’s softening, it’s hydrating, it’s so MAJ.”Other celebrity Tata Harper fans include Gwyneth Paltrow, Christy Turlington and Julianne Moore. Find other great Tata Harper products, such as the incredible Resurfacing Mask (pictured), $63.25, at fab, new beauty etailer Lulu and Lipstick via www.luluandlipstick.com.
- Travelling light is for amateurs: It took two airport staff to haul along trolleys full of the couple’s luxurious luggage in Sydney (pictured below, from Zoe’s Instagram before she departed). And I’m betting poor, old Rodger – like most men – got to squeeze in just one bag, while the rest belonged to the style icon, including these highly covetable Chanel and Louis Vuitton suitcases. And yet another style lesson we can all learn from Zoe, the high priestess of fashion, is invest in luxury luggage and you can’t go wrong. Swoon.
5. Think old-world Hollywood glam: An avid fan of old Hollywood glamour since childhood, Zoe dresses a long list of A-list stars including Nicole Richie, Jennifer Garner, Anne Hathaway, Cameron Diaz, Zoe Saldana, Kate Hudson and Eva Mendes. Through her expert eye, fierce love for haute couture and flair for unexpected red-carpet looks, Zoe never seems to get it wrong. Zoe was recently named Stylist of The Year at the 10th Annual Style Awards, so she’s obviously on the money. Got a big important event coming up? Make like Zoe and channel old-world Hollywood.
Rachel Zoe pics via www.dailymail.co.uk