Who doesn’t love an easy meal that’s packed full of nutrition? Perfect to whip up towards the end of the week when cooking isn’t exactly a priority, this savoury superfood bowl – provided by Sally Matterson from her new book, Healthy Body – has the perfect balance of fats, carbohydrates and protein to help keep you feeling fuller for longer.
1 bunch asparagus, ends snapped off
1 garlic clove, crushed
100g (3.5oz) haloumi, sliced into 1 cm pieces
150g (5.25oz) quinoa, cooked as per instructions on packet
Handful of rocket
Olive oil, to drizzle
Salt (iodised or Himalayan) and freshly cracked pepper
Sprinkle of paprika or cayenne
- In a saucepan, bring enough water to a simmer to submerge the asparagus. Add the asparagus and garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until asparagus is bright green but still retains some crunch.
- Remove from the pan with tongs and cool under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- To soft poach eggs, fill a medium size saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Crack the eggs over a skimmer (poaching tool) to drain off the outer egg white. Carefully place the remainder of the egg into the water. Repeat with the other egg. Poach for 2 minutes or until the white is set.
- Fry off haloumi in a non-stick frying panover a medium heat until browned on both sides.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork and divide between two bowls. Top with rocket, haloumi, asparagus and a poached egg.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt, freshly cracked black pepper and paprika (or cayenne) to taste.