If you’re looking for something easy but delicious to whip up for dinner, this grilled peach salad will do the trick. Served with a vanilla, balsamic dressing, the recipe is a balance of sweet and salty and is perfect for when the warmer weather strikes.
½ vanilla pod
150ml balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
2 semi ripe peaches
pinch of ground cinnamon
2 lebanese cucumbers, sliced lengthwise with a peeler
1 bunch watercress, picked and soaked in cold water
2 small radicchio lettuce, washed
200g finely sliced prosciutto
Extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and cracked pepper
- For the dressing, combine ingredients into a small saucepan and reduce by a half. Set aside to cool.
- Halved the peaches and remove the seed.
- Drizzle with olive oil, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- On a hot grill pan or BBQ, sear the peaches for 1-2 minutes.
- Tear the lettuce into bite sized pieces. Layer ingredients onto a board.
- Drizzle with vanilla balsamic, olive oil and cracked pepper.
- Serve with a crusty loaf of bread.
Recipe courtesy of Minchinbury