They say that Saturdays are for sleeping in and Sundays are for seizing the day, so start your morning right with this wild berry fruit salad from top food blogger, Veggieful. It’s simple and tasty, not to mention healthy, and is a great way to embrace all that fruity freshness that spring has to offer.
Fruit Salad (3 cups berries)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves (and more to garnish)
Blueberry Yoghurt (makes about 1 cup)
150 silken firm tofu, drained
1 tbsp white sugar
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 1/2 tbsp Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
60g blueberries (and more to garnish)
Oat Coconut Crumble
1⁄4 cup rolled oats
1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a tray with baking paper.
2. To make the oat and coconut crumble: Add all crumble ingredients to a bowl. Stir until combined.
3. Spoon out the crumble mixture onto the tray in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes until browned.
4. Pull out of the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes until dried and crumbly. Set aside.
5. To make blueberry yoghurt: Process all ingredients, including Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite until creamy and smooth. Set aside.
6. For the fruit salad, add all berries to a bowl with the lemon juice and mint leaves. Carefully toss to combine. Set aside.
7. Divide the berry fruit salad between four glasses or bowls, top with 1⁄4 cup blueberry yoghurt and 2 tablespoons of the oat coconut crumble.
8. Serve immediately and garnish with extra blueberries and mint leaves.
Tip: You can use agave syrup as a sweetener instead of white sugar if you prefer.