Start the day right with these cafe-style eggs wrapped in baby spinach, with a side of roasted balsamic tomatoes. We love to serve this with gluten-free wholegrain toast (and lashings of coffee, of course!).
4 roma tomatoes
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 cups baby spinach leaves
PureBred Multigrain Farmhouse Toast
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease 4 ramekin dishes.
2. Cut 4 large roma (plum) tomatoes in half and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil and 1 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar and season to taste. Roast for 20 mins.
3. Divide 2 cups baby spinach leaves evenly among the ramekin dishes and season well. Break an egg over the top of each, then gently tilt the ramekin to ensure the egg white runs through the spinach.
4. Place the ramekins in a large frying pan with a lid. Pour boiling water into the pan to come halfway up the dishes then cover and cook for 10-12 minutes.
5. Toast 2 slices of PureBred Multigrain Farmhouse bread. Remove the spinach eggs from the ramekin dishes. Serve with roasted tomatoes on toast.
What’s your all-time favourite breakfast?