With winter fast approaching its time for an oil check. Black Chicken Remedies share four facts that will make you rethink your daily beauty habits, plus some oils you may want to check out to improve your skin!
1. Oils don’t necessarily make you oily! Some oils for example Jojoba will recreate your skins natural lipid barrier and help retain the water in your skin from evaporating.
2. Oils repair the skin because they contain vitamins and use nature as our pharmacy. For example:
* Cellulite can be aided by Geranium essential oil as it works as an effective diuretic and is able to improve circulation of lymphatic fluid, which helps eradicate toxins.
* Stretch marks and scars can be assisted by Rosehip oil as it contains Retinol, vitamin C, omega-3, omega-6 and linolenic acid.
* Eczema can be assisted with oils such as Lavender essential oil as it is anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial so it helps reduce inflammation and prevents infection.
3. Vitamin E oil is natures own preservative. It slows the rate of oxidation of your skincare products but also has great benefits for your skin such as preventing the formation of wrinkles by blocking free radical damage and boosting collagen production. Many brands use much cheaper parabens but they can also trigger a wide variety of health complications and have been shown to be hormone disruptors (Not to mention have been found in breast cancer tissue)
4. Essential oils benefit your mind too – why use synthetic fragrances which can trigger allergic reactions such as headaches, dizziness, rashes when essential oils stimulate the olfactory system and can ease stress, insomnia or just make you feel good.
HAVE YOUR SAY:
"[…] are what you eat, and although a flawless diet isn’t a sure..."Comment »
Do you use oils as part of your skincare regime?