The Perfect Ponytail In 6 Easy Steps From London Fashion Week
Direct from London Fashion Week, Pantene’s Global Ambassador Sam McKnight has created a swish and shiny 70’s inspired ponytail at the Jaeger A/W 2011 show.
“I was inspired by the look of a sporty ‘70s outdoors girl walking through Central Park, with a perfect ponytail that swung beautifully as she walked” says Sam McKnight, Pantene Pro-V Global Stylist Ambassador. “This is a considered ponytail, rather than the scraped up slightly messy ponytails we have seen a lot of recently. There is a lot of work that goes into this look, starting with the perfect blow dry to create a little volume on the top of the head. The hair is then pulled back into a ponytail which hits the back of the head in line with the temple and I chose to tie the ponytail with brown elastic, which seemed to fit best with the clean, slightly sporty look of the collection. Once the ponytail was in place, I slightly pulled the hair on the top of the head with my fingers to keep a little bit of height and create a few flyaways for a more natural feel.”
Get The Look:
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair (try Pantene’s Always Smooth RRP $7.99 each).
2. Work Pantene Pro-V Body Builder mousse (RRP $6.99 1800 028 280) through the crown section on damp hair.
3. Blow dry using a soft bristled paddle brush to create a little volume to the hair at the crown of the head. If required apply a heat protection spray on the ponytail section.
4. When hair is completely dry, pull the hair back into a ponytail, ensuring that the ponytail is placed in line with the temples.
5. Secure ponytail with elastic.
6. Using your fingers, slightly pull the crown section to create a little bit of height and a few flyaways, then immediately spray with Pantene Pro-V Body Builder Hairspray to hold the style.
Are you a fan of this 70’s-inspired ponytail?