With laser hair removal advertising everywhere it can be very confusing deciding which clinic you should go to. Here are the questions you need to ask a clinic before deciding which you will go with.
1. Do you use real Medical Grade TGA approved Lasers or IPL for Permanent Hair Reduction?
IPL (or anything finishing with PL such a SIPL, VPL etc ) – are not recommended for Permanent Hair Reduction. Real Medical Grade TGA approved Lasers is what you need to look out for.
2. What type of Laser do you use?
Candela Alexandrite Laser with DCD cooling device AND/OR Candela ND: Yag Laser with DCD cooling device are the highest medical grade quality lasers on the market.
3. My skin type is light complexion. What is the safest, fastest, most effective and comfortable laser for my skin type?
- Candela Alexandrite Laser with DCD cooling device is best.
My skin type is darker complexion. What is the safest, fastest, most effective and comfortable laser for my skin type?
- Candela ND: Yag with DCD cooling device is best.
4. Who will provide my Laser Hair Removal treatments?
Diploma Graduate Therapist with minimum 5 years skin therapy experience
OR Registered Nurse who ONLY performs Laser Hair Removal treatments are best.
5. How many treatments will I need to achieve up to 90% permanent hair reduction?
If the correct laser is used 6-8 treatments should be required for permanent hair reduction
6. How often will I need to visit on average?
Facial Areas every 6-8 weeks
Body Areas every 8-10 weeks
7. Do you provide a warranty with your treatments?
You want to know what will the Clinic do if the hair has not noticeably reduced after completing the course of treatments they have recommended)
8. What would you classify your business as:
Either of the following would be ideal.
A Cosmetic/Medical Surgery (offering Laser Hair Removal not IPL)
A Laser Clinic providing a range of Laser treatments
A Specialist Hair Removal Clinic (specialising ONLY in hair removal)
9. How many years have you specialised in hair removal?
10 years or more would be ideal.
This checklist will definitely put you on the right path to finding a professional laser hair removal service.
For further laser hair removal enquiries or information go to www.nadsclinic.com.au/