A perfect dinner idea that is quick, easy, nutritious and caters for the vegetarian in the house.
350g firm tofu
1 tbsp sesame oil
300g mushrooms, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 red chilli
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tbsp tamari
4 shallots, thinly sliced
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 cup fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Cut tofu into large squares and place in a pan filled with water. Bring to the boil and wait for tofu to rise to the surface.
- Drain water, transfer tofu to a food processor and process until minced.
- In a wok, heat sesame oil. Add mushrooms, garlic, chilli and ground coriander. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the minced tofu, tamari and 3/4 of the shallots to the wok and stir through. Add lemon juice, turn heat off and stir through.
- To serve, spoon mixture into individual lettuce leaf cups, garnish with fresh coriander and remaining shallots, and serve.