Say goodbye to white, pasty winter skin with a gorgeous self tan glow. Just follow these 10 tips from St Tropez for a healthy, natural-looking tan….
1. Exfoliate regularly to avoid build up as several layers of tan can result in an uneven result.
2. If you’re waxing or shaving before tanning, make sure you do so more than 24 hours before your tan.
3.When you’re tanning give yourself a good all-over polish and apply plenty of moisturiser the night before to get your skin as silky as possible. The most common cause of a patchy tan is dry skin, so it’s crucial to moisturise problem areas (wrists and hands, elbows, knees, ankles and feet) immediately prior to self tan application.
4. Keep palms tan-free – try using latex gloves or our applicator mitt when applying, then simply sweep the backs of the hands with self tan diluted with moisturiser. Our Tan Remover– which you can use for up to four hours after tanning – removes any unwanted tan.
5. When you’re applying your tan, make sure you’re covered all over. Don’t worry if you go over the same area twice – the tan will only be patchy if you miss a bit, not if you double up.
6. Make sure you don’t rub in your gradual or self tan. Gentle smoothing is all you need, then you can let the product do its work. Rubbing may make the finish uneven.
7. Try to avoid washing your hands for as long as possible in the development time – a minimum of 2 hours. Try a hand sanitizer or wipes instead.
8.. Your tan won’t get deeper the longer you leave it – once it’s been on for the required amount of time (check the pack) it will have given you the natural-looking golden color you’re after. For a deeper tan you should re-apply on successive days – 2 – 3 days in a row will give you a really deep, rich bronze tan.
9. When you’ve applied your tan wear loose, dark clothing and avoid tight-fitting underwear. Anything that’s pressing on the skin may make the results a bit patchy.
10. The hands and face will fade quicker than the rest of the body so apply Rapide Face to the face and the backs of the hands to keep your tan looking fresher for longer. For a color boost for the rest of the body, try using St Tropez Self Tan Intensifier every 2-3 days – but don’t forget to polish and moisturize, too, or your color won’t fade evenly.
HAVE YOUR SAY:
"[…] RELATED: Top 10 Self-Tanning Tips […]"Comment »
Are you a fan of fake tanning?