We’re head over heels in love with these pretty pink and red nails from the HONOR A/W 2014 show at New York Fashion Week – just in time for Valentine’s Day!
Lead manicurist Deborah Lippmann explained her inspiration: “After viewing the collection with the designers — a beautiful terrarium inside a snow globe — I was drawn to the red and pink florals. I choose to accentuate the bright pinks seen throughout the collection with my newest bubblegum lacquer, Break 4 Love, a collaboration with Inez van Lamsweerde. The peek-a-boo crescent of my timeless Parisan lacquer, It’s Raining Men, matched the bold reds seen in the finale.”
Here’s how to get the look with makeup tips from Deborah for the perfect manicure:
1. “Nails are shaped into a short-medium length oval; prepped with Cuticle Remover, nourished with Cuticle Oil and cleansed with 2 Second Nail Primer.
2. One coat of Gel Lab Base Coat is applied prior to nail lacquer.
3. Deborah applies two coats of It’s Raining Men, a timeless Parisian red.
4. An offset coat of her new Break 4 Love bubblegum techno babe, is applied so that a sliver of the right side of the nails reveal the It’s Raining Men lacquer.
5. Gel Lab Top Coat seals nail polish to prevent any chipping and add high shine.
6. Lastly, cuticles and hands are massaged and hydrated with The Cure and Rich Girl SPF 25 Hand Cream.”
What do you think of Deborah Lippmann’s pink and red nails for Valentine’s Day?