Vanilla and Cranberry Biscotti
• 2/3 cup dried cranberries
• 2 teaspoons Queen Vanilla Essence
• 2 ¼ cups self raising flour, sifted
• ¾ cup sugar
• 3 teaspoons Queen Vanilla Extract
• 3 eggs, lightly beaten
• Preheat oven to 165C. Place the cranberries in a non metallic bowl and pour over the Queen Vanilla Essence. Toss to combine then set aside for 10 minutes before draining off any excess vanilla.
• Place the flour and sugar in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the Queen Vanilla Extract, eggs and reserved cranberries and using your hands mix lightly until a dough is formed
• Transfer to a well floured flat surface and knead lightly before dividing the dough into two portions.Form the two portions of dough into log shapes and place on a lined baking tray (you may need two trays).
• Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden then remove and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
• Reduce the oven temperature to 150C. Cut the logs into slices and place slices on lined baking trays. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until dry and crisp.
• Perfect served with coffee or as a Christmas gift.