Authentic guacamole is super healthy and perfect for weekend entertaining. Plus we’ve got 5 tasty serving suggestions beyond boring chips.
½ red onion (finely diced)
1-2 jalapeño chillies (stemmed, seeded and finely diced)
3 tbsp fresh coriander (chopped)
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
Salt to taste
1 tomato (diced)
1. Cut the avocados in half and remove the seed. Scoop the avocado flesh out with a large spoon and place into a mixing bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork until a very chunky mash is formed.
2. Add the onion, chillies, coriander and lime. Mix with a fork to keep chunky.
3. Taste and add salt or more lime to taste. Garnish with the diced tomato and serve.
* Serve with homemade tortilla chips: simply slice up flour or corn tortillas, brush with a little olive oil and bake in a hot oven for 10 minutes until crispy
* Serve with julienned vegetables
* Serve as a topping for burgers, your favourite sandwich or eggs such as huevos rancheros
* Serve with quesadillas, poultry, seafood, fajitas and wraps
* Serve with cooked prawns and pico de gallo salsa
What are you cooking this weekend?