Each week, SHESAID is teaming up with some of the most influential and creative food bloggers to bring you a variety of healthy, nutritious and most importantly – delicious, recipes from the social sphere.
Looking to curb those pesky sugar cravings without eating a chocolate bar? Sally O’Neil over at @thefitfoodieblog has just the recipe! Made with natural ingredients including almond meal, coconut oil and free range eggs, this hazelnut choc chip cookie recipe is guaranteed to hit the sweet spot without all the sugar.
“These deliciously soft hazelnut cookies are gooey and full of all-natural ingredients. The perfect accompaniment to a hot mug of tea, or if you’re up for a little indulgence, a glass of chocolate almond milk. Divine!” she insists.
Be sure to share your #WholesomeTreats with @shesaid and @thefitfoodieblog on Instagram!
1 cup hazelnut meal
¼ tsp baking powder
2 ½ tbsp stevia (I use Natvia)
1 free-range egg
1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
Pinch Himalayan sea salt1 heaped tablespoon natural hazelnut butter (or other nut/seed butter)
10 hazelnuts, chopped
40g sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 180º.
- In a bowl, combine hazelnut meal, stevia, baking powder and salt.
- Add eggs, nut butter and coconut oil, then mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Add the chopped hazelnuts and dark chocolate to the dough.
- Split dough into 8 equal parts, roll into balls and press down onto a pre-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes for soft cookies, 25 minutes for crunchy.
- Allow to cool before devouring with gusto.