10 Minute Pasta With Crab, Spinach And Lemon
SheSaid Editor Julia shares one of her favourite recipes for when you want something luxurious but also quick and easy – pasta with crab, spinach and lemon. It tastes divine and is on the table in only 10 minutes!
250g spaghettini, angel hair or any pasta of your choice
2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves, washed
1/2 glass white wine
125g mascarpone or creme fraiche
1/2 lemon, grated
1 tub of picked crab (available at most fishmongers, supermarkets and delis)
Handful chopped mint or parsley
1. Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente. Do not throw away the pasta water once it has finished cooking.
2. While the pasta is cooking, put a large frypan on medium-low heat and throw in the spinach with 1 Tablespoon of water, then put the lid on. Wilt the spinach in 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the white wine and allow to come to the boil. Spoon in the mascarpone or creme fraiche and the grated lemon. Stir to combine. Season with pepper.
4. Add the crab and stir gently to combine. Check for seasoning; if it needs a little salt add it. Allow to heat through for 2 minutes. Stir through the chopped mint or parsley.
5. By this stage the pasta should have cooked so add the pasta to the frypan and using tongs or two forks carefully combine the sauce with the pasta. You want the sauce to be evenly distributed and not clump on the bottom.
Note: If the sauce is too thick add a ladleful of pasta water, and toss to combine. The starch in the pasta water will make the sauce lovely and velvety.
6. Serve the pasta with lemon wedges.
What is your favourite pasta?