First there was Facebook, then Instagram took over our lives and it seems as if it’s here to stay. The photo sharing app has quickly found its way into our phones and hearts.
Whether it’s checking our Instagram feeds, getting jealous of other peoples’ seemingly perfect lives, or spending way too much time arranging the food on our plates so it looks pretty when snapped, we’re all guilty of taking the app a little bit too serious sometimes.
If you’re familiar with more than 5 of the following scenarios, I suggest a social media detox for a week or two. Here are 10 signs you’re seriously addicted to Instagram:
1. You can’t remember the last hot meal you had because by the time you’ve snapped the perfect picture of your food, it has cooled down.
2. You use the word “hashtag” to describe situations. #awkies
3. You choose your holiday destinations based on pretty photos you’ve seen on Instagram.
4. Refreshing your Instagram feed is the first thing you do in the morning and the last thing you do at night.
5. You’ve been late because you couldn’t decide which filter to use.
6. You consider getting the perfect selfie after 37 attempts a success.
7. You get angry at your pet because instead of posing next to your cupcake, it ate it.
8. There are always clothes on your dining table because shooting your flatlays is more important than eating.
9. Getting less than 25 likes on a picture makes you seriously doubt yourself.
10. You don’t think this is funny:
image via flamingopink.com.au and omgghana.com