We all love our phones, laptops and tablets and though we might not like to admit it, we have developed a dependency on our devices since everything has become so accessible. But how much is too much when it comes to technology and do we rely on our devices that little bit too much? We’ve all heard about technology taking over our lives, but perhaps it has already taken over yours and you just don’t know it.
Well, read further to find out if you are too dependent on your devices.
- You go to check the time on your phone/tablet and get distracted by a text message or notification that you have to re-check it to find out the time.
- You have an app for absolutely everything, if someone mentions it, you whip out your phone/tablet/laptop and show them what you’ve got.
- You make your partner wait until you take a picture of his/her food on every. single. date.
- Your colleagues know every detail of your weekend before Monday morning because of your social media updates.
- You text your partner while you’re in the same house, usually to get you something you didn’t want to get yourself.
- You regularly get distracted by social media when you know you should be doing work/cooking dinner/going to the gym
- You feel physically anxious, sick and panicky on that off chance you’ve forgotten to take your phone with you or when the battery runs out and you don’t have a charger handy.
- You haven’t read a book/magazine/newspaper in a very long time. In fact, you hardly touch paper.
- You also haven’t stepped foot in a clothes store since Asos and The Iconic were invented.
- Your partner/child/dog comes second to your phone/laptop/tablet.
Being too dependent and addicted to technology isn’t just about our hand held devices. It also includes changing the temperature of the air conditioned instead of adjusting your clothes or driving to work when you know you could be working.
Many times, technology takes first place over living in the moment and having fun, and if you think this is you, you might want to take a technology detox.
Image via brucesallan.com