10 Things You Didn’t Know About Julia Roberts
1. Julia is a self-confessed knitting freak, and has often been attributed with making knitting “cool” again: “You know I’m like a total geek, right?…I sit on the set and knit.” She loves knitting so much that she is set to star in a film titled “Friday Night Knitting Club” based on the book of the same name.
2. Julia is quite musical. She played clarinet in high school. There were rumours that she was planning to guest star in an episode of Glee as a favour to creator Ryan Murphy who directed her in Eat Pray Love- Julia denied this but has admitted to loving the show and has been told she is a good singer.
3. She taught herself to write with her right hand for her role as Erin Brockovich, because the real Erin is right-handed but Julia is not. Talk about attention to detail!
4. Julia was the first actress to appear on the cover of Vogue, establishing the trend for actresses gracing fashion magazine covers instead of models.
5. She has been named People magazine’s Most Beautiful Person four times – most
recently this year. Overall, she has been on People’s 100 Most Beautiful 12 times.
6. Julia was raised Roman Catholic by Catholic and Baptist parents in Georgia. She now practices Hinduism following her time in India filming Eat Pray Love, taking her husband and children along to a local temple. She says, “Hinduism is something that I’m very intrigued by and very interested in.”
7. She used to be made fun of in school because of her big mouth, which is now
her trademark- I bet the kids who teased her are kicking themselves now!
8. After the anticipated build-up to her working with Pretty Woman director Garry
Marshall again, Julia was only in Valentine’s Day for 6 minutes. However, she
was reportedly paid $3 million for the appearance – that’s $500,000 a minute!
9. She has her makeup applied lying down as believes it gives her a more natural and relaxed look.
10. Julia’s wedding to Danny Moder in 2002 was a surprise for all the guests- they
thought they were attending an Independence Day BBQ!