10 Tips For A Good Night’s Sleep
Do you dream of a good night’s sleep? Sleep expert Dr Carmel Harrington has compiled 10 tips to help you get over insomnia and enjoy quality shut eye every night.
1. Make sleep a priority.
2. Establish a regular sleep routine.
3. Make your bedroom dark to encourage sleep.
4. Develop a relaxed attitude towards sleep.
5. Let natural light into your bedroom as soon as you wake in
6. Turn off the TV (and computers, iPads, tablets, mobile
phones and other devices).
7. Avoid exercise within 3 hours of going to bed.
8. Stay clear of stimulants and alcohol in the late afternoon/
evening and avoid going to bed straight after a heavy meal.
9. Consider evidence-based natural medicines (such as
ReDormin®) rather than sleeping pills to help restore normal
10. Consider downloading sleep cycle and white noise apps to
improve sleep quality.
What are your best tips for getting a good night’s sleep?