16 Emotional Stages Of Falling For Your Best Friend
Friends can break hearts too.
He looks at you and smiles, your insides go all jelly, and you can already feel your face morph into the heart-eye emoji.
You know everything about him, he knows everything about you. You’ve seen his best and his worst, and yet you still can’t find anything wrong with him. You stop and think to yourself, ‘I’ve found my Prince Charming.’ *sighs dreamily*
And then, reality bitch-slaps you in the face. Hard.
We’ve all been there. That torturous place known as the friend-zone. It’s cold, uncomfortable, and avoided at all costs. And yet, no matter how hard you try, it always finds a way to catch up to you. You don’t even notice it happening, until one day, BAM! You’re in love with your BFF, and it goes a little something like this…
1. Well, hey there! Pleasure to meet you, my friend.
2. OMG, we’ve got so much in common!
3. Okay, I’ll stop texting him now. I won’t do it. Nope. I mean, surely one more won’t hurt…
4. Do you remember that time when – *bursts into fits of laughter*
5. Did I really just say that?! He probably thinks I’m stupid now!
6. What if I… No, I’m just going crazy. I don’t like him! We’re just friends… *sigh*
7. Okay, I promise this is the last time I’ll talk about him. I swear.
8. So there was this one time he waved at me… I’m pretty sure we’re in love.
9. Sure, he might like her right NOW, but soon he’s going to see how perfect I am for him.
10. OMG just get over her! I’m so much better than she is!
11. Crap, there he is. Hide me. Hide!
12. You know what, screw him. He doesn’t deserve someone like me.
13. Although, he might like me back…
14. But what if it ruins our friendship? Ugh, I hate love!
15. Maybe I’m just being dramatic. I should just tell him.
16. I’m just going to do it. I’m going to walk right up to him and say it…
In a few more years…
Images via favim.com, tumblr.com and giphy.com.
Comment: Have you ever had a crush on a friend? What did you do about it?