16 Things Monica And Chandler Taught Us About Healthy Relationships
They’ll always be our ultimate friends turned soulmates.
When it comes to great romantic pairings throughout history, Monica and Chandler are right up there with the legends: Sid and Nancy, Napoleon and Josephine, Scott and Zelda… Oh, wait. Scratch that. Monica and Chandler actually had a healthy relationship.
Also, they’re fictional.
But that doesn’t mean we can’t still learn a thing or two from them, and aspire to a relationship just as amazing as theirs.
Here are 16 things Monica and Chandler taught us about love – and healthy relationships – over the years…
1. Love can take us by surprise. It took four seasons for Monica and Chandler to realize they liked each other as more than just, well, friends.
2. Our moms don’t know everything – and they definitely aren’t always right about our relationship prospects.
3. Just because you’re a couple, it doesn’t mean you have to wear coordinating Halloween costumes. (In fact, please don’t.)
4. When you love someone, you’ll do anything to cheer them up – even wear raw meat on your head.
5. We don’t have to be perfect in order to be perfect for someone else.
6. The best couples can be goofy together – and even make fun of each other.
7. There’s nothing better than cuddling up with the one you love, especially in a Barcalounger…
8. And kissing them – anywhere, anytime.
9. Making a fool of yourself in front of someone isn’t necessarily a dealbreaker.
10. Friends who aren’t afraid to get down to porno music together, stay together.
11. Love comes along when we least expect it – even when we’ve given up on ever finding it.
12. There’s more to love than just “doing it.”
13. True love can overcome bad days – and bad facial hair.
14. Cracking each other up and having each other’s backs is essential.
15. Love doesn’t just mean laughing together – it means freaking out together, too.
16. And the greatest relationships are based on a foundation of friendship.
Images via giphy.com and tumblr.com.
Comment: Have you ever fallen for a friend?