18 Mind-Blowingly Freakin’ Genius Organization Hacks
Because we can’t all be Marie Kondo.
Is everyone sick of decluttering yet?
Yeah, yeah, we all know Marie Kondo says we need to get rid of anything that doesn’t “spark joy” when we hold it in our hands. But guess what? Sometimes you have to hang on to stuff that doesn’t necessarily make your heart swell with affection every time you think of it. Electrical cords, for example.
So for all those things you need to keep around, here are some amazing organization hacks to get them all in order – plus some tricks to get your life in order, too. Because a tidy space is a happy space – even if everything in it doesn’t exactly spark joy…
1. Use drawer organizers for everything. You’ll never throw anything into a drawer loose again.
2. Put your pots and pans on a pegboard, Julia Child-style.
3. Roll everything.
4. Hang your spray bottles on a curtain rod under the sink. (Just be sure the rod is securely fastened.)
5. Use a fancy hanger as a sunglasses rack.
6. It’s not a cheese grater – it’s an earring holder!
7. Color-code your keys with nail polish and stop fumbling at your front door.
8. Install a shelf above your bathroom door to hold towels and save precious cupboard space.
9. Use Post-It notes to create a rotating weekly goal list.
10. Sort and hold your charger cords in place to prevent tangling with binder clips.
11. Label the electric cords in your power strip so you’re not left guessing and accidentally unplugging the wrong thing.
12. Turn a lotion bottle into a portable phone charging station. (Tutorial here.)
13. Use vintage door pulls to hang anything and everything.
14. Use a magnetic strip taped inside your bathroom cabinet to hold all those hairpins that are always underfoot.
15. Install an extra curtain rod in the shower to hold bins of toiletries.
16. Use your empty wine bottles as jewelry stands.
17. It sounds obvious, but make sure everything has a specific place where it lives.
18. Lists are your friends. Seriously – all you need is a pen and paper. Lists are key.
Images via tumblr.com, giphy.com, reddit.com.
Comment: What’s your fave organizing hack?