Great style never fades.
As someone who has always had a bit of a fashion addiction, I can honestly say Sex And The City has played a huge role in my fashionista existence.
The series taught most of us about the importance of friendship, the ups and downs of dating, and a whole lot about blowjobs, and it wouldn’t have been the same without the extravagant clothes and completely unrealistic shopping budgets the New Yorker girls frequently flaunted.
When the show was at its peak, I was a teenager and heavily influenced by Carrie Bradshaw’s style. Stacked pearl necklaces and huge flower brooches were just two of the many accessories I wore in an attempt to be more like SJP.
I can’t think of any other TV show whose characters’ costumes have become as iconic as Sex And The City‘s, and what’s more impressive, is how even 11 years (ek, I feel old) after the last episode aired, most of the show’s famous outfits have stood the test of time. Though many of them date back to the nineties, you can literally wear any of these 18 trademark SATC outfits and still look stylish AF…
1. Charlotte’s strapless pink dress.
2. Carrie’s Paris ensemble.
3. Samantha’s sparkly cocktail dress.
4. Miranda’s bold prints.
5. Charlotte’s pink sherling jacket.
6. Carrie’s princess dress.
7. Miranda’s mustard frock.
8. Samantha’s elegant gold gown.
9. Carrie’s black lace outfit.
10. Samantha’s red slip dress.
11. Carrie’s LBD.
12. Charlotte’s polka dot dress.
13. Carrie’s iconic tutu.
14. Samantha’s flowy maxi dress.
15. Literally any of Carrie’s crop tops.
16. Charlotte’s plaid feminine frock.
17. Carrie’s hugging mini dress.
18. And Carrie’s blush ruffled gown.
Images via instagram.com.
Comment: What’s your all-time fave SATC look?