It doesn’t cost a thing to be kind to others.
Let’s face it; everyone loves a good smile. It feels good to have a toothy grin spead out across your face, and it feels even better if you can make someone else smile from ear to ear.
It’s just incredibly wholesome.
In a world which is, in no uncertain terms, a bit of a dumpster fire at the moment (seriously, turning on the news is a sure-fire way to ruin your day at this point) sometimes we need to be reminded that goodness exists, that people are still kind, and you can actually be kind to others. Crazy, right?
Here are 19 random acts of kindness which are guaranteed to put a smile on your face, and remind you that the world can be a good place. Prepare to smile at the goodness of others…
1. Stopping to protect someone’s upholstery
2. Slipping a sweet compliment under the door
3. Helping someone with their bags
4. Thinking about animal welfare in challenging weather
5. Paying for someone to have a treat to cure the 3pm slump
6. A simple greeting to make someone’s day
7. Being thoughtful to others on transport
8. Cheering up a stranger going through a tough time
9. Saving a stray animal in need
10. Offering a simple but invaluable service to those in need
11. Refreshing the community
12. Being a hero at the laundromat
13. Sitting and reading to someone who can’t do it themselves
14. Saying sorry when you’ve done something wrong
15. Offering power to people who have none in times of need
16. Showing solidarity with those who are different than you
17. Offering an umbrella in the rain
18. Saving someone from a potential panic situation
19. Being kind to one another
Images via reddit.com, Facebook, viralnova.com, Buzzfeed.com.
Comment: Have you ever experienced a random act of kindness? Share it with us!