20 Interesting Sex Facts
1. So you haven’t experienced an orgasm through intercourse? You’re not alone. Only 30 per cent of women have orgasms from intercourse. Studies have shown that women are more likely to reach orgasm through manual or oral stimulation.
2. Lubrication during sexual excitement varies greatly among women and can depend on many factors, such as state of health, age, mood, or partner. Many women find that using additional lubricant increases sexual pleasure.
3. Who would have that woman’s best friend, her trusty vibrator, was originally invented in the 19th century to reduce ‘hysteria’? Enough said.
4. We-Vibe Australia has discovered that 44 per cent of women are open to the idea of bringing a vibrator with them when travelling. Love the idea of a holiday fling?
5. Ever heard of ‘Sexercise’? For each 30 minute romp you are looking at a burn of 200 calories. What would you rather: Doing the deed or pounding that treadmill?
6. The BIG question – does size matter? 85 per cent of women were satisfied with their partner’s penis size, but only 55 per cent of men were satisfied. Notice anything? It’s how one uses it that counts.
7. If we didn’t already have enough reasons to jump into bed, here’s another… orgasms lower a woman’s risk of heart disease, stroke, breast cancer and even depression. Get jiggy with it ladies, it’s good for you!
8. Get talking. People who are more open to talking about sex are likely to experience a better sexual experience.
9. Looking for a way to accentuate your assets? We’ve got a solution for you. It’s as simple as getting turned on! Your boobs can swell up to 25 per cent when you’re aroused.
10. Not feeling great? Too tired to have sex? Think again. Sex can be an instant headache reliever. It releases the tension, which restricts blood vessels in the brain.
11. Did you know for both men and women the heart rate averages 140 beats per minute at the point of orgasm?
12. Appreciate what you bring to the bedroom. Studies have shown that women who accept their bodies have better and more open sex lives.
13. The average amount of time you spend locking lips with someone in your lifetime is 20,160 minutes. That’s 336 hours, 14 days or 2 weeks.
14. Great news ladies! The clitoris is the only organ in the human body with just one purpose: Pleasure.
15. Men can have multiple orgasms, but ladies still come out on top! The average female orgasm lasts 20 seconds – 14 seconds longer than the male’s 6-second O.
16. Forget post sex cuddling! 36 per cent of people under the age of 35 check their Facebook and Twitter accounts after doing the deed.
17. A Doctor Oz sex survey showed that 58 per cent of woman owned a vibrator. The result? An increased sexual desire and arousal, better natural lubrication and enhanced ease of orgasm during sex overall, compared with those who said they had never used a vibrator.
18. There are approximately 100 million acts of sexual intercourse each day.
19. At any given time, 25 per cent of people are daydreaming about sex. In fact, you’re probably reading this daydreaming of last night right now.
20. Risky business! Men take more risks when they know hot women are looking.
Sex facts are brought to you by We-Vibe, designers and manufacturers of world-leading couples and solo vibrators. Using state-of-the-art-techniques and tools, We-Vibe products have been recognized for setting new industry standards for ergonomic design and high performance whilst remaining eco-friendly and body-safe.