Goodbye toaster. Hello honeymoon! The trend in wedding registries has moved from the physical to the desirable says Kate Rowell from WhatWeWishFor.com.
Online gift registry and website service, www.whatwewishfor.com has just released the list of 20 most popular gifts requested by couples when compiling their gift registries.
The trend for 09/10 seems to be towards ‘experiences and contributions’ rather than the traditional household items since most couples these days have shacked up before they put a ring on it.
Here is the list of the top 20 most requested gifts according to www.whatwewishfor.com
1. Honeymoon (e.g. beach honeymoon, European honeymoon)
2. Dinner (e.g. dinner at a winery, romantic dinner for 2, first dinner as Mr and Mrs)
3. Car Hire
4. Accommodation (e.g. honeymoon accommodation, 1 night in Paris)
6. Bedside Lamp
7. Knife Set
8. A Night Out
9. Massage and Spa Treatments (e.g. massages on beach in Thailand)
11. Coffee Machine
12. Flights (e.g. honeymoon flights, flight to Vietnam)
13. Outdoor Table & Chairs
14. Spending Money
17. A House Deposit
18. Cookware Set
19. Dinner Set
20. Ski pass
So what do you think? Is this trend good or bad? What did you request for your wedding gifts?
www.WhatWeWishFor.com is an online registry where couples can add any gifts they dream up, be it a house deposit, honeymoon flights, a sofa, or a romantic dinner for two. Individual items are named, priced, and given a photo. Once saved, wedding guests are able to contribute as much or as little as they like to each gift via the couple’s individual wedding website.
Image from “Bride Wars”