20 Things To Do After A Break Up
Book Extract: A Smart Girl’s Guide To Dating: The Day I Shot Cupid” by Jennifer Love Hewitt
With a middle name like Love it was inevitable that Jennifer Love Hewitt would create a book on dating. She has been lucky and unlucky in love, and lived to tell – and she’s done it all in the spotlight.
“Smart Girl’s Guide To Dating: The Day I Shot Cupid” (Allen & Unwin 2010) offers her wisdom on dating and romance. From twenty things to do after a break up to the perils of text flirting it’s packed with top tips, from her heart.
Here’s a short extract from the book:
Twenty Things to Do After a Breakup
1. Listen to “Jagged Little Pill” (Alanis Morissette).
2. Eat chocolate, but only for forty-eight hours
3. Get out of bed, preferable within seventy-two hours
4. Get out of the house (remember, your friends still have to know you, so shower)
5. Talk about something else
6. Go to yoga
7. Delete his number
8. Change your number
9. Make out with a stranger (he must be gorgeous or you’ll feel worse)
10. Get a new outfit
11. Get a new hairdo
12. Call that guy you have always thought about
13. Stop driving by his house (it’s not “Fatal Attraction”)
14. Delete him from Facebook
15. Don’t have regrets
16. Don’t go to see romantic comedies
17. Do something extreme (that you wouldn’t notmally do).
18. Don’t go to the old “we” spots
19. Take it one day at a time (we all have to take it one day at a time, that’s how it works).
20. Know you won’t die (you have to stick around so he can see what a mistake he made)
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart” – Helen Keller