3 Easy Cocktails For Any Occasion
Whether you want to brush-up on your bartender skills, or discover some new and interesting cocktails for the next dinner party, then you’re in the right place. These easy to make cocktails are perfect for a beginner, since they’re super simple to whip-up, but also taste amazing!
Watermelon Bubbly Cocktail
Ideal for those who love to indulge in champagne, and an additional splash of watermelon to keep it sweet and casual.
- Chop up the watermelon into small pieces and make sure to remove the skin. We only want the really sweet centre parts, so feel free to serve the remaining pieces as a side. Tear the mint into bite-size portions.
- Now place 1/8th of the watermelon with a handful of mint pieces into a shaker, and add splash of lemonade (3 tablespoons to be precise). Shake it all up until the mixture is consistent and smooth.
- Strain the mixture before serving in a champagne glass.
A contemporary twist on a classic cocktail – feel free to use champagne instead of prosecco if you don’t like the taste.
1 small nub fresh ginger
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
Prosecco (or champagne)
Clementine or Satsuma
- Start off by simmering 2 teaspoons of shaved ginger, the sugar, and water until the sugar has completely dissolved. Now strain the entire mixture, and put it aside until it cools down to room temperature.
- Drop 1 tablespoon into each glass, then fill the rest with prosecco or a champagne of your choice. Now squeeze a slice of clementine or satsuma into the glass before serving.
Cucumber Lime Margarita
Fancy your margarita with a cool, refreshing taste? The cucumber brings this classic cocktail to life, and tastes lovely with a splash of lime juice.
2 cucumbers (peeled)
30ml silver tequila
30ml fresh lime juice (half a lime)
90ml cucumber juice
Lime and cucumber wedges (garnish)
- For the cucumber juice, start off by peeling the skin and juice in your preferred blender or juicer. Now separate the pulp from the juice by using a mesh strainer, and push down with a spoon.
- Fill a glass with ice, add the tequila, lime juice and cucumber juice and stir well. Finish off by garnishing the drink with a wedge of cucumber or lime.
Recipes and Images via The Glitter Guide, Tastes Lovely